In order to install Java in your system, you would need 2 things:
- JDK (JAVA Development Kit)
- JAVA IDE: You can use any IDE like Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ Idea Community or code editors like Sublime, VS Code, Atom or even Notepad if you are a daring person! We will however use IntelliJ Idea Community here.
- Go to your browser and search for JDK download.
- Go to the first link as shown below and click on it.
- Click on Download JDK 15.
- Scroll down and choose your version as per your system and download.
- Install from clicking on the setup icon by following onscreen instructions.
Installing IntelliJ Idea Community
- Search for JetBrains and go to their websites.
- Hover over tools and then choose IntelliJ Idea option.
- Click on download and then download the community version.
Running our First Java Program
- Open IDE and create a new project.
- Choose Java project and click next.
- Select create project from template and click next.
- Give the project a name. Project name must start with first letter in uppercase and no space in between. Click next.
6. Now run the code and see the output.
So, that’s it for this article. In the next article, we will look into the structure of Java Program. If you want to watch the video of this tutorial, go to ibcoder channel of mine or simply click here. See you in next article.